* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1 clove garlic, sliced
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
* 1 cup milk
* 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
* 1 pint fresh shucked oysters
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
* 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir until
fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in the milk and half-and-half, and transfer to the top of a double boiler. If you do not have one, set the pan of soup over a pan of simmering water.
2. When the milk is hot, add the oysters and heat just until the oysters are opaque. Do not allow to boil. Season with fresh parsley, cayenne pepper.