January 11, 2011
Fried Oyster Recipe
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pint shucked oysters and juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 1/2 cup dry pancake mix
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine oysters, oyster juice, egg, salt, pepper and Old Bay Seasoning. Gently stir in pancake mix to make a thin batter.
- Spoon oysters one at a time into hot oil. There should be just enough batter surrounding oysters to coat them but it should not be too thick.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain and serve.